The purpose of this independent assessment report by HACT(Housing Association Charitable Trust) was to perform a retrospective social impact analysis of the HTS Group activities in 2018/2019. HTS has a commitment to delivering positive social impact as outlined in their corporate objectives. This report explores the social impact generated across several outcome areas and through a range of delivery mechanisms.
Using wellbeing, cost benefit analysis and economic multiplier techniques it is estimated that social impact of the project totalled over £1m.
HTS can demonstrate that it created social value in at least the following areas:
- Full-time employment, General training for job, Volunteering,
- Apprenticeships, relieving homelessness and promotion of financial comfort.
- It is likely more social impact was created across other outcomes
- But as this is a retrospective analysis, the evidence does not exist to demonstrate these achievements.
- Recommendations look to the future to ensure HTS will be well placed to deliver social impact, assess progress, demonstrate improvements and insights into the future.
- HTS created £1,129,128 of social value in the 2018-19 year.